Righty so my showreel is on the verge of completion. Its taken ages to finalise the right clips to use and i’ve had to leave out some lovely footage but hey ho, it can’t be too long and needs to be diverse.
Footage featured in the showreel and alongside, the role(s) I took on:
- Trifled Dreams (Short Film), Camera Operator
- The Avengers 50th Anniversary Celebration (Event), Camera Operator [Featuring: Paul O'Grady, Honor Blackman, Linda Thornson, Leonard White, Ray Austen]
- The Day of the Rabblement Live Sessions – (Live music) Camera Operator
- Mardröm – (Short Film Teaser) DoP/Editor
- Guilfest mini vids (Festival) – Festival (Camera Operator/Editor) [Featuring: Skindred, Olly Murs, Tim Minchin, Bryan Ferry, Mr. B the Gentleman Rhymer, Jools Holland, Mungo Jerry, The Skints, Captain Flatcap]
The music was produced by the Electro-Swing guru Captain Flatcap, track – ‘Funky Farmers’
All thats left is to complete the title sequence using blender, which has been both an experience and a challenge having never really worked with 3D animation before. Here’s a little preview of what I’ve conjured up:
I’ve so far got the (very enjoyable) camera movements down, but I’m having some issues with shadows and lighting, so its a bit of a trial and error project. I’ll do some more research and try to sort it as soon as I can and then add it to my showreel. I’m confident in stating that it WILL be up this Feb, hopefully in the next couple of weeks if all goes well!
2013 is starting to get very busy too. Collaborations and talks of a documentary which I can’t wait for, promo videos for a handful of other artists (mainly music), sketches to be filmed, a couple of wedding videos, lots of graphic design, a few claymations written and ready and also finalising my zombie short film sketch before I get tired of it, fingers crossed for everything!